Precision Shaft Technologies Named Presenting Sponsor of PDRA DragWars

Professional Drag Racers Association
eembling
Site Admin

Precision Shaft Technologies Named Presenting Sponsor of PDRA DragWars

Post by eembling »

de4c73e0-ece9-32cc-0a62-abca2802d2ed.png
de4c73e0-ece9-32cc-0a62-abca2802d2ed.png (862.93 KiB) Viewed 13 times

FREDERICKSBURG, Va. (August 20, 2024) – Precision Shaft Technologies, manufacturers of award-winning custom driveshafts, will serve as the presenting sponsor of the ProFabrication PDRA DragWars, series officials announced today. Set for Oct. 3-5 at GALOT Motorsports Park, DragWars is the seventh of eight points-earning races on the 2024 Red Line Oil PDRA Drag Racing Series schedule.

"We're always proud to partner with companies that offer race-winning products to our racers," said Will Smith, marketing director, PDRA. "Ron Wicks and the PST Driveshafts team are all about providing made-to-order driveshaft solutions for racers on all levels. The teams that compete within our headlining Pro Nitrous and Pro Boost classes push their driveshafts to the limit, and many of them use PST driveshafts. As we start thinking about the exciting championship-deciding portion of the 2024 season, we're excited to welcome Precision Shaft Technologies as the presenting sponsor of our penultimate race, DragWars."

Located in Clearwater, Fla., for more than 20 years, Precision Shaft Technologies produces custom driveshafts for a variety of applications. Within drag racing, PST carbon fiber driveshafts are used by Pro Modified standouts like three-time and reigning PDRA Switzer Dynamics Pro Nitrous world champion Tommy Franklin, multi-time WS Construction Pro Boost presented by P2 Contracting and Ty-Drive event winner Melanie Salemi, and more. With so many current and potential customers competing within the Red Line Oil PDRA Drag Racing Series, PST decided to get involved as an event presenting sponsor.

c2f075cd-ac94-0c58-fb81-6897d4450474.jpg
c2f075cd-ac94-0c58-fb81-6897d4450474.jpg (570.44 KiB) Viewed 13 times

"It's pretty simple. I think PDRA puts on an outstanding show," said Ron Wicks, General Manager, Precision Shaft Technologies. "I love how they have the Pro Mod classes split with Pro Boost and Pro Nitrous. I like that they cater to both the boosted racers and the nitrous racers. I just like their whole approach to things. When I came out to a PDRA race a few years ago, I was very pleased with the car count, especially in Top Sportsman. I look at it as a great place for PST to grow our business."

While PST's carbon fiber driveshafts are used primarily by Pro Mod teams, Wicks points out that racers in numerous PDRA categories can find performance advantages in carbon fiber shafts.

"A lot of people think that carbon fiber is just for Pro Mod cars. It's not," Wicks said. "Pro 632, Extreme Pro Stock, and even Top Sportsman guys are getting into them, and it just trickles down."

PST's Drag Shafts are specifically engineered for the customer's exact application. PST engineers take horsepower, RPM, length of shaft, and critical speed into consideration when building the proper driveshaft. PST is known for their carbon fiber line, but the company also produces aluminum and steel driveshafts for sportsman racers as well.

"I want racers to know just because you're not a big-name Pro Nitrous or Pro Boost racer, PST can still build a shaft for your car that's going to give you great performance for the money," Wicks added.

Wicks, who regularly attends races to provide customer support, will be in attendance at DragWars to meet with potential customers and answer questions. "PDRA rocks," Wicks said. "I can't wait to get there."

ProFabrication DragWars presented by Precision Shaft Technologies, Oct. 3-5, at GALOT Motorsports Park, will feature six of the PDRA's seven heads-up professional classes, five sportsman classes, and two Jr. Dragster classes.

Learn more about Precision Shaft Techonologies at www.PSTDS.com.

Photo by Tara Bowker

- Eric Embling
RaceCrewMedia Administrator
eembling@racecrewmedia.com

Recommended Galleries